Saturday 9 June 2012

Sticky Thread pt 4

This evening I carried on with the thread pieces that I've been doing for the past couple of days. I'm really getting in these now and keep thinking up really intricate patterns and designs to sew over images. This project as its something that isn't too serious and something I can have fun with and although some concentration is needed is really simple and quite relaxing.

This one I did yesterday but managed to scan in, I think so far this is one of my favourites. I think doing the thread in the frames themselves make it more visually flattering to look at then random lines and shapes would have done. 

I've really liked working on the grey scale images as I think the threads stand out a lot more and make it more interesting to look it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment