Friday 23 November 2012

Boring Postcards by Martin Parr

 So the other weekend me and a friend decided to take a wonder thought the charity shops along our road and I stumbled across this beauty, Boring Postcards by Martin Parr. If you don't know who Marin Parr is, he is a British photographer and photojournalist best known for this photographic projects that take a critical look at aspects of modern life, in particular suburban life in England. I remember doing a bit of work on Martin Parr back in college and was pleased to find these for only one english pound. At the moment I am debating whether to use this book for a project I've got in mind which includes defacing pages or to just keep it as it is. Although the book is simply filled with quite boring postcards, I find it interesting and actually quite beautiful as it is.  
A link to Martin Parr's website "Martin Parr Photographer"




No comments:

Post a Comment