Thursday 23 August 2012

Painting Part 2

I decided that I did want to make a little series out of these wood/hair image things and decided to actually spend my doing something productive and doing another one.

I again started out by drawing it up in a layout pad as I'm not very confident to draw straight on to the wood incase I make a huge mistake and then transferred the image on the wood by doing the ol'school flip and rub method and then went over the lines on the wood. For me it really helps.

I decided half way through painting that I was going to just paint all of the triangles black as trying to make a pattern with it wasn't really working out very well and because there are quite a few marks on the wood it just looked really odd. I much prefer it now.







The two final painting. I'm thinking about possibly doing three or four of them as I think they would look good hanging up next to one another. 
Let me know what you think of them please, would be greatly appreciated. 

No comments:

Post a Comment