Monday 22 October 2012

Applying for the future // Cover Letter Header

So this evening I've been working on the header for my cover letter. I've been sitting in front of my laptop for hours, trying to put something together that looks professional and also shows a bit about what I am about.

I only tested out the type in a few select colours as I didn't want anything too in your face as thats just not really me.

The first three designs I kept quite simple and just used type and lines as I wanted to get a sort of basic idea first before I added anything extra to it.

After finding a type that I liked which is called DayangSenandung which I downloaded from dafont.com I added one of my designs to it, to use as a sort of logo for my name.
I was worried at first that it would make it too busy but it's actually added a little something to it. I think it makes it look more attractive and brings a more interesting element to it.
With the final design, I wasn't sure at first if adding two images to the type would be too busy and take attention away from the type or add to it and only did this design in black as adding colour to it, I feel would be slightly too much.







The next step is to put a final design in to InDesign and start constructing my pdf.
I'm really interested to hear what any of you think about the designs, which you prefer, what you don't like so much, how I could possibly improve...

At the moment, I am going with this design but this could all change, I would still love to hear some feedback as it helps me with my development.  


1 comment:

  1. I love the one you have already chosen =)

    http://missyswelt.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete