Thursday 3 April 2014

Photography 1968


I am definitely one of those people who loves a good bargin and rummaging around old junk, especially when I find them in the charity shops. A couple of weeks ago now I was wandering around in town and decided to have a little look in the charity shops around for some books for collaging and stumbled across these little beauties. Photography magazines/annuals from the 60s. 
Now I'm not going even going to pretend like I'm a photographer or know all about the subject but as someone who likes to dabble in it, I was really happy when I found these. 




The magazines are filled with 60s advertising, articles and wide array of photographs from different artists. A lot of the photographs are printed in black and white and on lovely paper stock, which might sound completely nerdy and just look so beautiful. I'm a really big fan of film photography and this is what is mainly shown in the magazines. The gain of the photographs I think is just lovely and really brings an extra depth to the photographs. Although one of the magazines is in french its still a great piece flick through and great just look at for inspiration. 

I thought I'd take a few pictures of my favourite images. 



No comments:

Post a Comment